AUDIO/VISUAL (AV) SUPPORT PERSON
Entity: Congregation Rigpa Lerab Ling
Location: Lerab Ling, L’Engayresque, Roqueredonde 34650
Line responsibility to: Temple Team
Position: AV Support Person
Compensation level: Part-time salary contract
Start date: Late 2021/Early 2022
Duration: Long-term with 6 months trial period
Veuillez noter - Cette offre est en anglais car il est nécessaire de maitriser cette langue pour ce poste.
As Lerab Ling AV Support, you will be supporting the operations of AV in Lerab Ling. The AV role is extremely important as it is key to creating the circumstances for the dharma to be communicated to others, thereby you will be directly contributing towards helping the Dharma to flourish.
You will need prior experience in the audio-video field and you will need to have a general interest in the technical area. The main tasks in this role are to support the planning, organisation and implementation of the technical requirements of various events and helping to coordinate the AV team, and AV care for Lerab Ling.
The role is for a Rigpa Sangha member, who would like to avail of the opportunity to live in the Lerab Ling Community and participate in the daily practices and events by contributing towards the activities of the dharma centre.
- Learning how to prepare and run AV for events in Lerab Ling
- Supporting the Lerab Ling local sangha and other groups who need to use Lerab Ling AV e.g. visitors, courses, etc
- Supporting AV maintenance and planning/implementing new technical requirements
- Organizing AV helpers and AV Team during big events
- Learning the documentation aspect of the AV area
- Learning how to create the AV budget
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Technical experience and knowledge in at least two of the following three areas:
- Analog Audio & Video Area / Equipment
- Digital Audio & Video Area Equipment
- Mac and PC Audio & Video related hardware and software applications
FURTHER QUALIFICATIONS WHICH WOULD BE VERY USEFUL
- Experience and knowledge in preparing and working in a team during events in general. An added benefit would be experience in working within Rigpa events and the Rigpa organisation.
- Easy access and interest in technical developments and willingness to constantly learn and develop new skills. Interest in being up to date with new technologies (which includes streaming/zoom)
- Skills or experience in team dynamics
- Communication and coordination skills—being able to oversee, guide and pull together.
- Language requirements: English, helpful: basic French
- Flexibility, open mind to find solutions on the spot, quick troubleshooting