Title: Event Manager (Multiple positions)
Entity: Lerab Ling Congregation
Status: To be discussed individually with each applicant.
Location: Remotely for periods during the planning stages. In Lerab Ling for the event itself.
Line responsibility to: Lerab Ling Programme Manager
Start date: Immediately
Duration: Period of time for preparation of the specific event, during the event and after the event.
An Event Manager is responsible for coordinating a specific event in the Lerab Ling calendar. The event could be for the public or for the Rigpa Sangha.
- Public events could include meditation and compassion retreats, public weekends, open days, forums, etc.
- Events for the Sangha could include teaching weekends or longer retreats with visiting teachers and masters, summer events such as the Ngondro Retreat, Dzogchen Retreat and Parinirvana Retreat, and practice events such as drupchos and drupchens.
We are looking to establish a “pool” of event managers to regularly help in this role according to their availability. Ideally, event managers would focus on specific events that are repeated annually and gain experience in those.
The Event manager oversees the event from the planning stage, during the event itself, and including the post-event follow-up stage. The Event Manager:
- Is the main link with the teachers/presenters holding the event and supports them with the smooth running of the event;
- Liaises with the event teams supporting the running of the event (e.g. Communication, Registration, AV, IT, Temple Logistics, Hospitality, Translation), making sure that the event is communicated on time, registration is progressing well, the kitchen and accommodation teams are informed, the venue, AV, IT and translation services are all in place as needed, and the schedule is confirmed and shared with those who need to know;
- Is ‘on the ground’ during the event itself, overseeing that the event is running smoothly, supporting the volunteers, adapting to changes, trouble-shooting where necessary, and making sure the needs of the teachers/presenters and the participants are being taken care of;
- Reports to the Lerab Ling Programme Manager
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS (some or all of the following):
- Ideally, experience in project or event management—preferably within the Rigpa organization.
- Good communication skills and an ability to work with people.
- Capable of taking initiative, resourceful and flexible to adapt to changes.
- Good with details, organized, and able to multitask.
- Spoken English and French are essential.