HEAD LANDSCAPE GARDENER
Title: Head Landscape Gardener for Lerab Ling
Entity: Lerab Ling Congregation
Status: To be discussed
Location: On site in Lerab Ling
Under the responsibility of: Lerab Ling Site Manager
Start date: Immediately
Duration: To be discussed
Lerab Ling is a Tibetan Buddhist retreat centre in France that holds a year-round programme of events, courses, and retreats. Located in the lush green environment of the Natural Regional Park of the Haut-Languedoc, Lerab Ling preserves a beautiful natural and calm environment that is beneficial for developing inner tranquillity.
Lerab Ling is home to:
- a traditional temple surrounded by gardens which makes it a popular tourist attraction in the region and
- an international community of monastic and lay Buddhist practitioners
As Head Landscape Gardener, you are required to deliver high quality garden/grounds landscaping and maintenance. The following is typical of the duties you will be expected to perform:
- Maintaining the gardens
- Hard and soft landscaping
- Mowing, trimming hedges, border and flower bed management
- Leaf/rubbish clearing, turfing, planting
- Assisting with ground work in relation to tree operations
- Knowledge of fencing, decking, slab laying, walling, wood working
- Operating machinery – mini-tractor, universal excavator for mini-tractor, lawn mowers, brush cutters, chainsaws, high pressure washer and other landscaping and maintenance machinery and tools
- Maintaining tools and machinery
- Ensuring that all work is carried out in a safe and conscientious manner.
- Propose and plan a seasonal layout with sketches etc. and budget,
It will be a plus if you already have:
- Managed a supply purchase budget (flowers, plants, tools, etc.),
- Managed a small team of volunteers for simple garden work,
- Possessed a CACES R482-cat A for driving a micro-tractor,
- Authorization to use a universal excavator for a micro-tractor.
French/English speaker is prefered. But all applications will be considered.