NGÖNDRO & VAJRAYANA TRANSMISSIONS WITH TULKU RIGDZIN PEMA RINPOCHE
Empowerments & oral transmissions
Open to Ngöndro Mandala students* and Dzogchen Mandala students.
We are happy to welcome members of other sanghas who meet the specific requirements below (aside from being part of the Ngöndro Mandala). However, we ask you please fill in this application form if you wish to attend these transmissions before registering.
Tulku Rigdzin Pema Rinpoche, a close disciple of Kyabjé Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche and an accomplished practitioner, will be giving a series of empowerments and oral transmissions to Rigpa students.
Receiving an empowerment (Tib. wang) is the entry point into the Vajrayana stage of the path, and is only taken on the basis of one’s understanding and experience of the Basic Yana, Mahayana and Vajrayana preliminaries. Empowerments awaken the special capacity for primordial wisdom to arise in our minds and authorise us to study the tantras and practise its specific sadhanas.
Receiving the oral transmission (Tib. lung) of specific Vajrayana texts —such as our ngöndro practices, their commentaries, or sadhanas —creates an auspicious connection with that particular text and connects us with the whole lineage of realised masters who wrote and transmitted these texts. .
In addition, we will need to receive at a later stage, the secret instructions (Tib. tri) for each specific practice. In summary, empowerment (wang), oral transmission (lung) and secret instructions (tri) are the three components needed in order to engage in a specific Vajrayana sadhana.
THESE EMPOWERMENTS ARE ESPECIALLY BEING OFFERED FOR NGÖNDRO MANDALA STUDENTS
Many Ngöndro Mandala students in Rigpa have been requesting empowerments so that they can take the next step and begin to practise Vajrayana sadhanas and join in Tsok group practices.
With these empowerments, you will gain access to the study of the Vajrayana teachings—such as Ch 10 of the Yönten Dzö—and the Rigpa sadhanas such as Riwo Sangchö and Tendrel Nyesel—two of the main sadhanas practised in Rigpa—as well as other Vajrayana practices.
The ngöndro lungs will bless your ngöndro practice and connect you to the Longchen Nyingtik lineage, and the sadhana lungs will authorise you to recite the texts of Rigpa’s daily sadhanas.
Dzogchen Mandala students are most welcome to join to renew your commitments and make an auspicious connection with Tulku Rigdzin Pema Rinpoche.
Please check that you fulfill the following requirements BEFORE registering:
- You are a member of the Ngöndro Mandala. If you feel you should be part of the Ngöndro Mandala but are not yet, please contact your local instructor to have an interview.
- You have received teachings on all the ngöndro practices, including guru yoga.
- You have already taken Refuge and Bodhisattva Vows or are ready to take them with Tulku Rigdzin Pema Rinpoche during the event.
- You have started your ngöndro accumulations.
- You have followed the "Is Vajrayana for Me?" event or an equivalent course/programme which introduces the Vajrayana, and therefore you understand what you are committing to when you receive an empowerment.
- You have examined your own motivation for receiving these transmissions.
- You have spent some time examining the master giving these empowerments.
> PRACTICAL INFO
START Saturday 17 December – 10am
Check-in and pick-up badges:
Friday 16 December: 4pm to 6pm
Saturday 17 December: 9am to 9.45am
END Sunday 18 December – 6pm
CONTRIBUTION to the event - €108
(Does not include accommodation and meals)
Translation: English, French, German, Spanish
Friday 16 December
From Lodève to Lerab Ling - Free bus service - Travel time 30mn
Departure at 5.10pm from the bus stop in front of Lodève Tourist Office
A SESSION TO PREPARE FOR THE EVENT
Senior Teachers Seth Dye and Sébastien Reggiany give an overview session to help you prepare for the upcoming Ngöndro & Vajrayana Transmissions with Tulku Rigdzin Pema Rinpoche. This talk gives you the opportunity to learn more about Tulku Rigdzin Pema Rinpoche and the transmissions he will give, and students could have their questions answered. Watch it on Prajna
DETAILS OF THE EVENT
17 & 18 December:
Empowerments (onsite only)
- Guru Rinpoche empowerment of Tendrel Nyesel. This empowerment will allow you to practise all sadhanas based on Guru Rinpoche
- Vajrakilaya empowerment of Pudri Rekpung from the Dudjom Tersar. This empowerment will allow you to practise all sadhanas based on Vajrakilaya.
- Shyitro, the Hundred Peaceful & Wrathful deities, from the Karling Shyitro cycle of teachings. This empowerment will allow you to study Ch10 of the Yönten Dzö where Jigme Lingpa gives a comprehensive teaching on the Vajrayana View, Meditation and Action.
Lungs (onsite & online)
- Ngöndro root texts:
- Longchen Nyingtik Ngöndro
- Brief Dudjom Tersar Ngöndro
- Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo’s Brief Longchen Nyingtik Ngöndro
- Ngöndro commentaries:
- Patrul Rinpoche’s Zurgyen and Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo’s Notes on the Longchen Nyingtik Ngöndro
- Rigpa’s main daily sadhana practices including Riwo Sangchö and Tendrel Nyesel
Teaching (onsite and possibly online TBC)
- Brief teaching and heart advice for ngöndro students
- The oral transmissions (but not the empowerments) will also be given online through the Prajna website.
- Tulku Rigdzin Pema Rinpoche will also give the empowerment of Rigdzin Düpa in Dharma Mati, Berlin on the 30th of December 2022.
- Shechen Rabjam Rinpoche will also give empowerments in April 2023. See this page for more details.
CHILDREN’S PROGRAMME DURING THE WEEK END
NATURE, GAMES & AWARENESS
The Parents’ association Rigpé Yeshé is holding a programme for children (from 6 years old) whose parents are attending the weekend.
Set in magnificent natural surroundings, much of the children’s programme takes place outside, weather permitting. Each day, one session in the temple will be devoted to cultivating mindfulness and awareness—exploring how to draw on our inner resources to regulate emotions and strengthen inner confidence.
> FINANCIAL SUPPORT
Our commitment is for everyone who wishes to come to Lerab Ling, to have access to our programmes, whatever their financial circumstances. We offer different options for those who are unable to pay the standard contribution.
More info about Lerab Ling financial support for attending our events.
> ACCOMMODATION & MEAL PRICES