What to Bring
When You Come for a Retreat at Lerab Ling
RECOMMENDED ITEMS TO BRING
- All your toiletries, soap, etc. to last the duration of your stay
- Alarm clock (battery-powered for tents)
- For people who will need translation, radios and headsets will be lent to you by Lerab Ling. For your comfort, you may want to bring your own headsets (3mm jack)
- The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying and your other study books related to the theme of the retreat
- Your practice books
- Clothes you can layer, to handle different weather conditions (don’t forget a warm jacket, socks, sweater, and thermal underwear)
- Waterproof shoes that are appropriate for rough terrain (bear in mind that shoes must be removed in all indoor areas)
- If you are using shared showers, you may want to bring a pair of flip-flops
- Shawl or blanket, and warm socks or slippers for sessions in the temple (mostly for cooler seasons)
- Raincoat and umbrella
- Smart clothes for special occasions (empowerments, etc.)
- Thermos or mug - in order to help Lerab Ling protect the environment and avoid waste, we request everyone to bring their own thermos or mug with a lid, for your use in the temple. It will also be possible to purchase one in Lerab Ling.
- Personal medication, and if necessary, medicines for allergic reactions to insect stings (enough to last you for the length of your visit)
- If you have difficulty walking, bring a cane
- Your own meditation cushion (Lerab Ling provides chairs and meditation cushions in the temple - however there are none in accommodations)
- Notebook and pen for noting insights you may have during the event
- Credit card/cash (there is no ATM on-site)
- For campers in personal tents: your tent, warm sleeping bag, mattress, and bath towel
- For platform tents & rooms: an extra blanket (a mattress, pillow, sheets, blankets and a bath towel are provided)
WHAT NOT TO BRING
- For security reasons, candles, incense, camping stoves, etc. are not allowed in the different accommodations and camp site.
- Unfortunately, we cannot allow pets on site.
- Please do not bring alcohol or other intoxicants.
- There is no smoking on-site. If you must smoke, there is a designated area near the Welcome Centre.