Meditation Retreat –
Coming to Know Your Own Mind
Please note – Accommodation is still available on site at Lerab Ling
Take a break from your everyday busyness and enter into the experience of meditation at Lerab Ling, where the beauty and calm of the environment naturally inspire the mind to settle into mindfulness and awareness.
Meditation will be presented according to the Dzogchen tradition of Tibetan Buddhism, which is known for its clarity, depth and simplicity, as well as its understanding of our innermost true nature.
The retreat is designed for both beginners and for people who already practise meditation. Led by a team of experienced meditation instructors, we will explore the art of meditation through clear instructions, guided practices and personal guidance and advice. There will also be time for personal reflection, to go for walks in nature, to enjoy silent periods, and to simply relax and take a break.
The retreat will have two phases and you can join us for the full retreat, Part 1 (6 days) or Part 2 (5 days).
- Part One, from 1 to 6 July, will include a complete introduction to meditation for anyone who is new to the practice, and plenty of time for meditation practice. Part one is suitable for everyone and can also be attended on its own.... Read more.
- Part Two, from 7 to 11 July, will deepen the experience of meditation, putting a greater emphasis on meditation practice and silence. It is more suited to people who already have some experience of meditation in this tradition through Rigpa courses or events. This option can be attended on its own... Read more.
We serve delicious food suitable for vegetarians and vegans and prepare our meals with as many organic ingredients as possible, both from our own garden and from local producers.
- 07:00 to 07:45: early meditation session (optional)
- 07.45 to 09.00: breakfast break
- 09:00 to 12:00: main session (with a short break)
- 12:00 to 12.30: physical exercise
- 12.30 to 15:00: lunch break
- 15:00 to 18:00: main session (with a short break)
- 18:00 to 19.30 : dinner break
- 19.30 to 20:15 : evening meditation session
The sessions will include walking meditation and physical exercises.
In 2017 150 people attended the Summer Meditation Retreat in Lerab Ling. Here's what some of them said:
“What I found here surpasses what I came looking for!”
“I appreciated having instructors who could really listen, ready to answer our questions. I learnt a great deal about myself; now I have good tools for continuing meditation alone.”
“ This was probably a turning point in my life. I discovered that meditation is an act of love for myself and others. It's a real discovery.”
Extend your stay - Everyone is warmly welcome to stay on after the retreat and attend 3 days of teachings with the outstanding Tibetan Buddhist master Jetsün Khandro Rinpoche from 13 to 15 July.
As in this summer, one incredible event follows another, you can create your own package based on the focus of your spiritual path.
Special Reduction Offer on Retreat Fees and Accommodation - If you register for 10 days or more, you can use special coupons while registering online.
- Meditation Retreat Part 1 or Part 2 - full price
- Meditation Retreat Full - use 2018MEDITATION5%
- Meditation Retreat full and Jetsün Khandro Rinpoche - use 2018MEDITATION7%