LERAB LING - INSTITUTE OF WISDOM AND COMPASSION
The Institute of Wisdom and Compassion organises international events with the aim to highlight and strengthen the links between the Buddhist science of mind, contemporary western approaches, and the social realities of our world. In doing so, these events explore the benefits and changes that meditation, compassion and other perspectives found in Buddhist philosophy can bring to our modern world.
Since 2002, four forums on Buddhism and Medicine and two international conferences on meditation have brought together more than 5,000 people. The next series of forums will be on Buddhism and environmental action, with the first one taking place in Lerab Ling from the 4th to 6th June 2022.
FORUM BUDDHISM AND ENVIRONNEMENT
NEW - Wisdom for the Earth, from 4 to 6 June 2022 : This forum brings together the Buddhist wisdom and environmental awareness to explore together how our relationship with ourselves influences our relationship with the world around us. More info soon!
INTERNATIONAL FORUMS ON BUDDHISM AND MEDICINE
Unique in Europe, the Buddhism and Medicine forums brought together renowned Buddhist teachers and key figures in the fields of sciences, medicine, psychiatry and psychotherapy. Together they exchanged knowledge and understanding on the treatment and healing of both physical and mental pathologies.
- The 1st International Forum on Buddhism & Medicine took place in 2002 with the theme of physical pain and suffering
- The 2nd International Forum on Buddhism & Medicine took place in 2006 and explored the subject of depression and mental suffering. These two events were held at the Corum conference centre in Montpellier.
- The 3rd International Forum on Buddhism & Medicine took place in 2010 and was held at Lerab Ling on the topic of Meditation and Health: the Therapeutic Benefits of Meditation in Modern Life.
- The 4th International Forum on Buddhism & Medicine took place in 2013 under the title of Empathy, Compassion and Health. It explored the therapeutic benefits of compassion in modern life.
THE LERAB LING INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES
The International Conferences aim to propose solutions relevant to our modern world. They bring together world-renowned meditation teachers and key people in our society, such as scientists, psychologists, educators and business leaders to explore what happens when we get to know our minds.
- The 1st International Conference in 2014 , Meditation and Human Values in the Workplace, explored how meditation and human values – such as wisdom and compassion – can come together to change the way we live and work today.
- The 2nd International Conference in 2015, Mindfulness & Awareness - Bringing Wisdom into Society, explained the true purpose of meditation and envisioned what the world would look like if we were able to bring mindfulness and awareness into every aspect of our lives.