The Rigpé Yeshé Children and Teenagers Programme
Rigpé Yeshé has the following aims:
- Develop and hold programmes for children and teenagers to help them cultivate universal human values and explore questions about the world including interdependence and interconnectedness
- Offer tools for cultivating mindfulness, meditation, awareness and compassion
- Create the conditions for children and teenagers to develop genuine self-worth and to form meaningful connections with others, based on a sincere wish for their well-being and happiness.
Rigpé Yeshé is inspired by the universal and ethical values of the Buddhist tradition. Our wish is to offer young people tools to understand themselves better, to discover and connect confidently with their own inner resources, and to become true 'servants of peace' in all aspects of their lives.
We strongly support the universal ethical and spiritual values that are the basis of all the world's great faiths and spiritual traditions. The programme proposes to help children and teenagers cultivate inner values such as contentment, compassion and altruism, which will allow them to have a meaningful life and to make responsible choices.
We aim to help young people to flourish on all levels: physical, emotional, intellectual, creative, ethical and spiritual. To do this, we accompany young people on a journey to discover their inner qualities and capacities, so that they understand themselves better and are able to make discerning choices about their lives.
WHAT CHILDREN SAY ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
Rigpé Yeshé is really fun, the holders are all very kind and you do meditation of all sorts - it's good! It is so different from school, in Rigpé Yeshé we learn not to rush... – Eliza, UK, 11 years old
These two weeks in the summer with my friends are what I most look forward to all year. – Eve, France, 15 years old
> CONTACT RIGPÉ YESHÉ
> WHAT TO BRING FOR CHILDREN
All items must be clearly labelled with the child's name.
- ● Suncream (with high protective factor)
- ● Sunhats (several, as they get lost easily)
- ● Sunglasses
- ● Big water bottles
- ● Full-length trousers and socks (against ticks)
- ● Warm jumpers
- ● Warm socks
- ● Good walking shoes
- ● Boots for rain
- ● Waterproof rain-coat
- ● Sportswear
- ● Good backpack
Please note - make sure that your children do not bring any knives or electronic devices such as iPod, iPad, playstation or mobile phones to the Programme.
> RIGPÉ YESHÉ NEWSLETTER
Register to the Rigpé Yeshé newsletter by clicking here.