This series of practice events is open to Rigpa Dzogchen and Ngöndro Mandala students who know how to practise sadhana* and qualified Vajrayana students from other sanghas
Lerab Ling will be hosting four of the most powerful practice events around Losar to remove the negativity of the old, and create the most auspicious circumstances for the new Tibetan year.
This series of drupchös, held by Rigpa students during the Losar period, is unique in the West. At this time, it is exceptionally important that we come together to uphold the Vajrayana practices and strengthen our resolve to progress on the path. This will support the harmony and flourishing of our sangha.
You can also make a meaningful connection with these practices by making an offering online dedicated to remove obstacles for yourself or a loved one. Your dedication will be included during the practices.
> KNOWING HOW TO PRACTISE SADHANA MEANS:
- Having a firm grounding in the practice of Ngöndro, which includes having received all the Ngöndro teachings, up to and including guru yoga, as well as having accumulated at least 25% of the Ngöndro;
- Having already received a Vajrayana empowerment from a qualified master and being committed to keeping the specific Vajrayana precepts;
- Additionally, you have received instructions for sadhana practice, including a basic understanding of the view, meditation and conduct of the Vajrayana and its main key principles. This means you have either followed:
- Rigpa's study and practice programme of the Vajrayana cycle from the three-year retreat, home retreat or Vajrayana online retreats streamed from Lerab Ling,
- Or you received these instructions during previous drupchens with Orgyen Tobgyal Rinpoche,
- Or you are a student from a sangha other than Rigpa and have received these instructions from a qualified Vajrayana teacher.
> BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATING IN DRUPCHÖS
A drupchö is a less elaborate form of a drupchen, which literally means ‘great accomplishment’ and comprises intensive group practice that brings together the depth, power, and precision of the Vajrayana, drawing together the entire range of its skilful methods. It is said that several days participating in a drupchö or drupchen can yield the same results as years of solitary retreat, and great contemporary masters such as Kyabjé Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche have made a point of encouraging and reviving the practice of drupchen, because of its power of transformation.
> MAKE AN OFFERING TO THE DRUPCHÖS
You can also make a meaningful connectionwith these practices by making an offering online dedicated to remove obstacles for yourself or a loved one. Your dedication will be included during the practices.
> PRACTICE TRAINING EVENTS
Here are the dates for the Practice Training Events:
- Training and Rigdzin Düpa Drupchö Losar: 1-9 Feb
- Training and Yang Nying Pudri: 12-22 Feb (including Losar 21 Feb)
- Training and Riwo Sangchö Intensive: 21-26 Feb (including Losar 21 Feb)
- Training and Tendrel Nyesel Drupchö: 27 Feb - 10 Mar
- Training, Khandro Tsering Chödrön’s anniversary and Chime Pakme Nyingtik Drupchö: 10-24 May
- Training and Rigdzin Düpa Drupchö Autumn: 13-22 Oct
: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/lerabling/public_html/templates/jp-life/roksprocket/layouts/mosaic/themes/default/index.php
on line 19
PERSONAL AND PRACTICE RETREATS OPTIONS
Taking care of yourself in a unique environment
If you feel it is time to take a break from daily life and stresses, reconnect to nature, and recharge your batteries in a peaceful atmosphere, the packages below may be exactly what you need.
You can join us for:
- A meditation break(open to everybody), to learn or deepen your practice of meditation with guidance, and in a group, or
- A Practice Retreat for the Sangha either individual or in a group (for Rigpa students only) to get on with your personal practice and study.
Both options offer the support of experienced instructors, and access to study materials (book and video libraries). All this at your own pace, whilst taking advantage of the beautiful natural environment surrounding our retreat center and the company of the community.
Click on one of the packages below to get all the information.
PERSONAL RETREATS & MEDITATION BREAKS Learn or deepen your practice of meditation in an environment that inspires rest, reflection and renewal…
OFFER A NOURISHING EXPERIENCE Offer your loved ones a unique and revitalising experience in an exceptional natural environment. You can…
PRACTICE RETREATS FOR THE SANGHA Deepening your study and practice in a blessed environment Wherever you are on the path,…
PRACTICE RETREATS FOR THE SANGHA
Deepening your study and practice in a blessed environment
Wherever you are on the path, doing a retreat is an amazing opportunity to deepen your study and practice in the blessed environment of Lerab Ling.
Before you come to Lerab Ling, a guide will help you to plan your retreat, help you settle in when you arrive and assist you with practical and spiritual support throughout your stay.
During your retreat you can choose to focus on studying a particular subject or text, accomplish the practice of meditation or compassion, accumulating your Ngöndro or sadhana practice, or focus on Dzogchen practice.
While on retreat, you are welcome to practise in one of the temple shrine rooms when they are available. You are free to join the daily group practices such as Riwo Sangchö and Tendrel Nyesel.
HOW TO REGISTER
Dates: September to June (to be confirmed depending on the events that are happening in Lerab Ling)
Arrival dates & times: Monday to Friday between 10am and 5pm.
Event contribution: From €21 to €7/day depending on the length of your retreat (does not include accommodation and meals). This contribution covers the support for your retreat as well as administrative and other costs.
Please note - The minimum stay for a practice retreat is of 1 week
> FINANCIAL SUPPORT
Our commitment is for everyone who wishes to come to Lerab Ling, to have access to our programmes, whatever their financial circumstances. We offer different options for those who are unable to pay the standard contribution.
More info about Lerab Ling financial support for attending our retreats/events.
> ACCOMMODATION & MEAL PRICES
You can book your meals and/or onsite accommodation when registering for the retreat/event.
To see the fees for accommodation and meals click here
> Accommodations in surrounding villages
REDUCTIONS ON ACCOMMODATION
Except during main events (please check with us).
Different types of accommodation are available depending on the season, ranging from a simple wooden cabin in the forest to a retreat room or studio with a view of the temple. Reduced rates are available for longer stay.
- 25% off for retreats from 8 days to 3 weeks
- 45% off for retreats from 3 to 6 weeks
- 60% off for retreats of more than 6 weeks
STUDY & PRACTICE GRANTS
If you have the heartfelt wish to do a practice retreat but lack financial means, you now have the opportunity to ask for support from the Study & Practice Grant. Read more