Sunday Afternoon Self Guided Visits
Visits to the Lerab Ling temple are open again
We are very happy to see you again after so much time in confinement. We have prepared ourselves to receive you in compliance with regional and national health regulations. For the next few months, your health and well-being and that of our teams are our only priorities.
From 2:00 pm to 5:30 pm, our teams are happy to welcome all those who wish to visit the Lerab Ling temple and its exceptional site. To make your visit easier, download the izi.travel audioguide application before coming. The shop and café will only be open from Sunday 14 June onwards.
IMPORTANT - If you experience symptoms such as cough, fever or respiratory symptoms, it is imperative that you cancel your visit.
Register online before coming
We ask you to register online and choose a time slot for your visit. This will help us limit the number of people on the site at the same time and ensure your safety and that of our staff. Please bring your booking confirmation printed or on your phone. Vente de billets en ligne
Outside of the the sunday afternoon visits, the temple is not open for visitors. However, we will be happy to welcome you from Monday to Saturday, from 13h to 17h at the Welcome Centre located at the end of the parking lot. You will be able to visit our gardens and the external areas around the temple (free admission).
What to do during your visit
- Please respect the health safety measures, and in particular the social distancing.
- Wearing a mask is mandatory in the temple: please bring a mask for each person (except children under the age of 11).
What have we put in place to welcome you
Health measures in general and for the staff
- A thorough cleaning of the reception area and the temple will have been completed before the reopening.
- A daily cleaning plan for all contact surfaces is in place: door handles, payment terminals etc.
- A protective plexiglass screen will be installed at the counters.
- The staff is equipped with plexiglass masks and visors, and alcohol-based hand sanitizer gel is available.
- A WC is reserved exclusively for the staff at the reception and at the temple.
Sanitary measures for visitors
- There is signage at the Welcome Centre reminding you of the health safety measures to be taken, and you are asked not to come in case of cough, fever or respiratory symptoms.
- A notice board at the Welcome Centre explains the procedures for visits (with a reminder of the health safety measures).
- Wearing a mask is mandatory in the temple and if using the minibus.
- Social distance markings on the ground and/or with ropes can be found at the ticket counter as well as at the entrance to and inside the temple.
- The flow of people will be organized and clear signage will be in place (entrance/exit to and from the site and the temple as well as within the temple).
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer gel is available at the entrance of the site and the temple, and for the use of the minibus (for people with disabilities).
- We will provide paper and a cleaning product dispenser for the disinfection of the seats in the temple.
- Two toilets will be available, at the Welcome Centre and at the temple, with a sink for hand washing and paper towels, as well as alcohol-based hand sanitizer gel at the entrance. One person will be responsible for the regular disinfection of the toilets..
Lerab Ling has established itself as one of the leading centres of the Tibetan Buddhist culture and studies in Europe etc. Lerab Ling is Rigpa‘s main international retreat centre and was recognised as a religious congregation by the French Interior Ministry in 2002. Since opening in 1992, Lerab Ling has been blessed by visits from numerous great masters of the Tibetan Buddhist tradition, most notably by His Holiness the Dalai Lama on two occasions, in 2000 and 2008.